"Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in todays most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. Its also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, its no wonder were consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If youre as passionate about your future as we are, join our team. KPMG is currently seeking an Audit Intern to join our Audit Services team.|
* Develop an understanding of client-specific risks through review of financial results of the client, relevant external information, current business trends and specific client transactions
* Learn to prepare clear, well-structured and effective audit documentation regarding our understanding of client's processes and technology systems
* With appropriate guidance, execute and document testing of client controls and financial statement account balances with clear explanations of procedures and results using appropriate standards and terminology
* Support the execution of a high-quality audit through the diligent performance of assigned tasks and professional client and engagement team interactions
* Adhere to the Firms Values and Code of Conduct
* Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing the following degrees/majors: Bachelor of Accountancy, Master of Accountancy, or equivalent program
* Pursuing educational requirements for CPA licensure in the principal place of business (the state in which the office is located) for this position (completion of academic credits required prior to starting as an Audit Associate)
* Upon completion of this internship candidates must have additional academic credits to complete before obtaining their degree and/or CPA eligibility requirements
* Must have a current/most recent GPA of 3.00 or above
* Coursework or minor in information systems, software engineering, computer science or data and analytics preferred; experience with data analysis tools and techniques such as Alteryx or Power BI preferred
* Knowledge of technical accounting and financial reporting standards; knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
* Ability to navigate various computer applications, including MS Office (emphasis on Excel) and aptitude to quickly learn KPMG Audit tools and applications used by our clients
* Demonstrated quality service mindset; strong communication, time management and relationship-building skills; able to employ sound professional judgment and professional skepticism; flexible and adaptable team player; leadership experience and resourceful in delivering high quality work
* Work location may be in the office but will typically be at client sites, some of which may require travel and overnight/extended stay (varies by office)
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based sponsorship now or in the future KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firms compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
At KPMG, any partner or employee must be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to any KPMG office, client site or KPMG event. In some circumstances, individuals who are not fully vaccinated may also be required to have a reasonable accommodation to not be fully vaccinated for COVID-19."
||KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International. KPMG Internationalís member firms have 137,000 professionals, including more than 7,600 partners, in 144 countries. KPMG delivers a globally consistent set of multidisciplinary services based on deep industry knowledge. Our industry focus helps KPMG professionals develop a rich understanding of clients' businesses and the insight, skills, and resources required to address industry-specific issues and opportunities.